Skip to Content

Master of Research - Psychology - PSY899

ThE second year of our Master of Research is designed around the writing of an original research dissertation of 15, 000 to 20, 000 words. This thesis is externally examined and worth 90% of your overall result. The remaining 10% comes from a critical essay in Research Frontiers, a component of this unit where you explore some aspect of your research through reading, research seminars, or other mechanisms, and you write a critical essay on your chosen research question. Each Department offers training in research methods and techniques associated with the data and research approaches relevant to the discipline.

To successfully complete this second year of the MRes, you will, in addition to the dissertation and Research Frontiers essays, be required to develop a plan for the research for your dissertation, write a literature review, and prepare and revise a PhD research proposal

Credit Points: 32
When Offered:

S1 Day - Session 1, North Ryde, Day

S2 Day - Session 2, North Ryde, Day

Staff Contact(s): Associate Professor Simon Boag



Unit Designation(s):
Unit Type:
Assessed As: Graded
Offered By:

Department of Psychology

Faculty of Human Sciences

Course structures, including unit offerings, are subject to change.
Need help? Ask us.